Sam Horn is an Intrigue Expert, author, and TEDx speaker. Sam has written six books with her new book entitled, Got Your Attention? Sam has helped hundreds of clients prepare for high-stakes key notes, fund-raising pitches, investor decks, and TED talks. She shares one success story where her client was able to capture the attention of investors within the first minute of her pitch. She even walks John through the 70/10/10/10 method live on the show and teaches him how to create a captivating and intriguing blog post.
- 03:20 - When you're first to the market, you own the market.
- 05:00 - People often times talk themselves out of a deal.
- 05:30 - What's the eyebrow test?
- 07:00 - How did Sam help Kathleen Callender make her pitch pop and get the investor's attention within 60 seconds?
- 09:40 - Don't become a bore, chore, or snore.
- 12:00 - Using the word 'imagine' in your pitch is so powerful. Get the investor to visually see what you're trying to solve.
- 15:30 - How did Sam become an Intrigue Expert?
- 17:50 - Big decision makers are used to being in control. So, put a sock in it and let them ask you questions.
- 19:05 - Welcome the 'no'. The sign of a true leader welcomes objections.
- 20:00 - Sam explains the 70/10/10/10 method.
- 24:45 - Sam coaches John on how to use the 70/10/10/10 method in real-time.
- 26:55 - Sam breaks down the WWWAVE acronym and what it means.
- 32:45 - In your blog post or story, what went wrong? A is for Adversity.
- 33:25 - V is for Victory, the happy phrase in your story.
- 34:55 - E is for Emotional context.
- 37:40 - Sam talks about her books.
- 41:05 - Feel free to follow Sam on Twitter and check out her blog posts on her website.
- 41:15 - What to prepare for a pitch, TED talk, speech? Get in touch with Cheri(at)IntrigueAgency.com
When you're first to market, you own the market.
We just got our ideas in your mental door.
So, let's not bore, chore, or snore.
You just GTS. Now, if you're a boomer, that's Google That Stuff.
Objections are the answer to the test.
Turn infobesity on its head.
Sam Horn Website
Sam Horn LinkedIn
Sam Horn Twitter
Sam's Email Address
How To Become The Picasso of Pitches
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'